- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Daisy bush
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Very leathery leaves to 1cm (½in) long with the margins rolled back.
Medium shrub Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
Dense, rounded, slow-growing shrub. Flowers 2cm (¾in) across have cream or pale yellow centres are produced singly or in clusters of 2 or3 at the shoot tips.
Hardy - average winter Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
Shelter from cold, dry winds.
Good to know - wildlife plant - insects
Pests & Diseases
Place of origin
Resistant to honey fungus - These plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Frost hardy (down to -5)
Entire see photos above
Obovate see photos above
Pruning group 5
Suitable for: Evergreen shrubs that require minimal pruning.
Action: Trim or lightly cut back shoots that spoil symmetry. Deadhead regularly.
When: Annually after flowering.
RHS group 8
Fertile well drained soil