- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Semi-evergreenKeeps some of its foliage all year, and will drop some leaves as well.Broadly ovate, pointed, boldly veined, mid-green leaves 10-30cm (4-12in) long.
Shades of pinkAll shades of pink through to Carmine (red)
HeightTo 90cm (36in)
SpreadTo 90cm (36in)
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Vigorous, clump-forming perennial. Flowers over a long period.
Very hardyHardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
PERSICARIA bistorta 'Superba'
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowSyn. Polygonum bistorta.Pests & DiseasesNonePlace of originEurope, north and west AsiaResistant to honey fungusThese plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Flower ShapeBell/LanternNarrowly bell-shaped 5mm (¼in) longSpikesShort, dense, cylindrical spikes 5-7cm (2-2¾in) long
Garden Location/ConditionsBog garden
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilAny moist soil.Wet or boggy soil
WildlifeBee friendlyRabbit Resistant
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
to 90cm (36in)
to 90cm (36in)