Plants by mail order since 1984, over 4100 plants online today!
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Last order date for guaranteed Christmas delivery is Thursday 19th December.
Commonly known as Polianthes
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - tuberous perennials
Will grow outside in milder locations - This could include plants which would survive happily in a greenhouse or conservatory if not in a mild location. If you have a sheltered spot in your garden then it may do well here. - loam based compost for glasshouse cultivation - full light
Additional Features - Good to know - in the Agave family.
Pests & Diseases - prone to viruses
Place of origin - Mexico, USA (Texas)
Hardiness - Frost hardy (down to -5) -
Soil Conditions - Fertile well drained soil - moderatey fertile soil. In Mexico they grow in woodland and sandy areas
Herbaceous Plants - Video Collection
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
Polianthes - Growing Guide
Buy Varieties of POLIANTHES
Harrod Horticulture Plant Supports - Plant & Border Supports
Link stakes plant supports are made from dark olive-green powder coated galvanised steel wire (up to 6mm thick), merge seemlessly into the background.
4 options from £28.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi
Recommended by the RHS. Contains Rootgrow™ mycorrhizal fungi. Suitable for all trees and shrubs (except rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers, cranberries and blueberries)
2 options from £6.00
Protect your knees in the garden with this squishy mat. Water-repellent and light weight.
Max/Min Digital Thermometer
Thermometer which displays current temperature in the centre, with Max above and min below. Suitable for use outdoors or in the greenhouse / conservatory. With batteries included