emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
PRIMULA japonica 'Miller's Crimson'
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Deciduous - oblong or spoon-shaped pale-green leaves to 25cm (10 in) long
Red - crimson
Height - 45cm (18in)
Spread - 30-60cm (12-24in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - robust, rosette-forming perennial. Produces 1-6 whorls of 5-25 salverform flowers 2cm (¾in) across
Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
Partial shade - will tolerate full sun if soil remains moist.
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - - aphids, red spider mite, vine weevil, slugs, viruses, grey mould(Botrytis)
Place of origin - Japan
Garden Location/Conditions - Bog garden -
Hardiness - Fully hardy -
Seasonal Interest - Spring -
Soil Conditions - Neutral to acid soil - - requires deep, humus-rich soil.
Wet or boggy soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video