- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
DeciduousOblong or spoon-shaped mid-green leaves to 25cm (10in) long. Crowded, spherical umbels of tubular or bell-shaped flowers to 2cm (¾in) across.
PurpleShades of purple/mauve/lilac/violetLilac purple
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Robust, rosette-forming perennial. Produces flowers in crowded, spherical umbels
Hardy - cold winterHardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowThrives in consistently moist soil at bog edges and near streams and water. Not suitable for standing in waterPests & DiseasesAphids, red spider mite, vine weevil, slugs, viruses, grey mould(Botrytis)Place of originAfghanistan to south-eastern Tibet, Burma, China.
Flower ShapeTubularTubular or bell-shaped flowers to 2cm (¾in) across
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilNeutral to acid soilRequires deep, humus-rich soil.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of PRIMULA denticulata
good white form