- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
EvergreenOvate, bristly, silver-spotted, bright mid-green leaves 20-25cm (8-10in) long, heart-shaped at the bases
WhiteFrom pink buds.
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialOpen clump-forming rhizomatous perennial. Produces funnel-shaped flowers 5-10mm (¼-½in) across with five spreading lobes
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Very hardyHardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Partial shadeWill tolerate full sun.
PULMONARIA officinalis 'Sissinghurst White'
Additional FeaturesGood to knowWildlife plant - bees. Remove old leaves after flowering to allow 'summer' leaves to developPests & DiseasesSlugs, snails, powdery mildew in dry conditions.Place of originGarden origin.
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilHumus-rich
WildlifeBee friendlyRabbit Resistant
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video