- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Evergreen Sale 25% off
- Seasonal Sale 20% off
- Daphne 'Perfume Princess'
- Helleborus niger 'Christmas Rose'
- Camellia 'Yuletide' Save £6.00
- Camellia - Save £12.00
- Camellia - Save £5.00
- Free Border Design Service
- Ready Made Borders
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
DeciduousOblong-ovate, rough leaves 5-8cm (2-3in) long
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Upright perennial. Stout stems and long-lasting flowers
Very hardyHardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
ASTER frikartii 'Monch'
ASTER frikartii 'Monch' is also available as part of our 'The Blue Border' offer.
29 plants for £350.00 - saving you £37.50
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowWildlife plant. Insects, butterflies. In a good season can begin flowering in July.Pests & DiseasesEelworms, aphids, slugs, snails, wilt, leaf spot, grey mouldPlace of originGarden origin hybrid, 1918, by Swiss nurseryman Frikart. (A. amellus x A thomsonii). A european and asian cross named after a Swiss mountain peak.
Flower ShapeStar-shapedLoose corymbs 20cm (8in) across of starry flowers 5-8cm (2-3in) across
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soil
WildlifeBee friendlyButterfly friendlyRabbit Resistant
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video