- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Rose
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
glossy, dark-green foliage
Striped, Veined or Multicoloured
Yellow suffused pink
Medium shrub Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
Vigorous, shrubby rose
Hardy - very cold winter Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
Good to know - best-selling rose of all time. Strong and reliable. Can be grown as a shrub
Pests & Diseases
see header 'ROSA'
Place of origin
bred by Francis Meilland, France, 1935-1939. Named 'Peace' in April 1945.
Double Multi rows of petals, no stamen showing - high-centred to rounded, fully double flowers 15cm (6in) across, rather heavy, looking at their best when fully opened
Scented flowers - fragrance(1-10) 3-4, medium.
Fertile moist well-drained soil - moderately fertile, humus-rich