- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Holy flax
Slender, finely-cut, leaves to 5cm (2in) long.
Dwarf shrub Typically only grows to a maximum of one or two feet in height but there will be some exceptions.
Dense, rounded, bushy shrub. Produces flowerheads 2cm (¾in) across at the end of slender shoots.
Hardy - cold winter Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Pests & Diseases - none
Place of origin
Resistant to honey fungus - These plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Pruning group 7
Suitable for: Evergreen shrubs that flower on previous year's growth in Spring, or current year's growth in late Summer/Autumn.
Action: Cut back flowered shoots to within 1 inch of previous year's growth.
When: Annually after flowering or in Spring if flowering on current year's growth.
RHS group 10
Well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil
Buy Varieties of SANTOLINA rosmarinifolia
(virens) - feathery verdant green foliage contrasting with pale primrose flowers