emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Please note once despatched, your delivery may take 1-3 days due to the high volume with the couriers. Your plants will be fine during this time.
Full plant information & availability is shown online.
The nursery is now open to the public between 10am and 4pm. Please follow instructions on site, card payments only, no cash. Click and collect is also available.
THE CAFE & GARDENS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Last updated 14/05/20 10:00.
Commonly known as Snowbell tree
Fragrant snowbell flowers presented as solitary, in pendent, terminal or axillary racemes or panicles, or produced in clusters on short branchlets.
Graceful trees for a woodland garden.
Genus of about 130 species of deciduous or evergreen shrubs or small trees found in woodland or thickets in Europe, Asia, and North America, including Mexico.
White - 'Pink Chimes' is a delicate pink
Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
Full sun - shelter from cold, drying winds
Additional Features - Good to know - - large shrub or small tree, of graceful habit. Attractive to bees. Good for woodland garden. Flowers on previous year's wood
Pests & Diseases - trouble free
Place of origin - Europe, Asia and North America
Resistant to honey fungus - These plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Flower Shape - Cup-shaped -
Hardiness - Fully hardy -
Scented Plants - Scented flowers -
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil -
Neutral to acid soil
Wildlife - Bee friendly -
- When is the right time to collect seeds?
- When are seeds actually ripe and ready for collection?
- Magnolia seed collection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Cornus capitata seed collection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Rhododendron seed collecting - Video Tip ondemand_video
- How to plant a tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- How to plant a tree
- Checking ties - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Restaking fallen young tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Fallen old tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing side shoots - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Deer protection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Weed Spraying - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing Ivy - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Tree Survey - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Crown uplift - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing shoots below graft - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing peeling bark - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Maintaining variegation - Video Tip ondemand_video