emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Please note once despatched, your delivery may take 1-3 days due to the high volume with the couriers. Your plants will be fine during this time.
Full plant information & availability is shown online.
THE NURSERY & GARDENS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Last updated 06/4/20 13:35.
Commonly known as Violet
The pansy and violet family.
Genus of about 500 species of annuals, biennials, evergreen, semi-evergreen and deciduous perennials and a few deciduous subshrubs.
They are found in various habitats in temperate regions worldwide.
The commonest UK violet is V. riviniana, the common dog-violet. The sweet violet, V. odorata, is our only fragrant violet. Populations, especially in the north and west, are thought to be non-native - often garden escapes.
Chief representatives of the pansy are V. arvensis, field pansy and V. tricolor, wild pansy.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - annuals, biennials, evergreen, semi evergreen and deciduous perennials and a few deciduous subshrubs
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails. aphids, red spider mites. Leaf spot,possibly mosaic viruses, rust and powdery mildew
Place of origin - temperate regions worldwide
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus rich
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video