emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
ZAUSCHNERIA californica 'Glasnevin'
Commonly known as California fuchsia, Hummingbird's trumpet
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Height - 30cm (12in)
Spread - 60cm (24in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - clump-forming perennial. Leaves 1-4cm (½-1½in) long. Produces terminal racemes of flowers 2.5-4cm (1-1½in) long over long periods.
Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
Full sun - shelter from cold drying winds
Additional Features - Good to know - - syn. Z. californica 'Dublin'. Good in raised beds and walls. Wildlife plant - insects.
Pests & Diseases - slugs on new growth
Place of origin - USA (California)
Hardiness - Frost hardy (down to -5) -
Seasonal Interest - Autumn -
Soil Conditions - Fertile well drained soil - - moderately fertile
Wildlife - Bee friendly -
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video