- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Shades of pinkAll shades of pink through to Carmine (red)
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialCormous perennial. Close-packed clusters of flowers which are outward-facing, not pendent. Wands are stiff rather than arching.
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winterHardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or good micro-climate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowAn unusual dierama, the last to flower.Pests & DiseasesNone.Place of originEthopia, central and southern tropical Africa, South Africa.
HardinessFrost hardy (down to -5)
Soil ConditionsTolerates allWhen established will tolerate moist and drier conditions.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video