- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
HELLEBORUS 'Penny's Pink'
Commonly known as Hellebore, Winter rose
HELLEBORUS 'Penny's Pink'
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Overwintering, leathery, marbled, deep green basal leaves to 40cm (16in) long, each with 7-9 elliptic leaflets
Shades of pink All shades of pink through to Carmine (red)
Herbaceous Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Compact, clump-forming perennial. Flat flowers to 7cm (3in) across.
Very hardy Hardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Or dappled shade
Harmful if eaten These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
May cause skin allergy or irritant Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
Good to know - attractive to insects. Ideal position is under deciduous trees where flowers can bloom unshaded and plant is then shaded from the sun throughout the year
Pests & Diseases
snails, aphids, leaf spot, black rot.
Place of origin
garden origin. UK. 2012. Rodney Davey Plants, Devon.
Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
Neutral to alkaline soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video