emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Lady's mantle
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Green - pale green
Height - 20-30cm (8-12in)
Spread - 20cm (8in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - clump-forming perennial. Rounded, shallowly 7- to 9-lobed, sharp-toothed, leaves 3-5cm (1¼-2in) long. Produces flowers in cymes
Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - - slugs, snails on young foliage.
Place of origin - Czech Republic, Serbia, Bulgaria, Ukraine(Crimea), Caucasus, Turkey.
Garden Location/Conditions - Rockery (inc alpine) -
Hardiness - Fully hardy -
Seasonal Interest - Spring -
Soil Conditions - Tolerates all - - any moist, humus-rich soil.
Wildlife - Rabbit Resistant -
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video