- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Evergreen Sale 25% off
- Seasonal Sale 20% off
- Camellia 'Yuletide' Save £6.00
- Helleborus niger 'Christmas Rose'
- Daphne 'Perfume Princess'
- Camellia - Save £5.00
- Camellia - Save £12.00
- Free Border Design Service
- Ready Made Borders
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
EvergreenNarrow, lance-shaped leaves to 7cm (3in) long
Dwarf shrubTypically only grows to a maximum of one or two feet in height but there will be some exceptions.Upright, clump-forming subshrub. Produces flowers in terminal clusters 10-12cm (4-5in) across.
Hardy - cold winterHardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
EUPHORBIA x martinii 'Ascot Rainbow'
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowFound as a sport on a self-sown seedling. Wildlife plant - insectsPests & DiseasesAphids, grey mould(Botrytis)Place of originGarden origin. Australia.2005. D. Glenn, Victoria.
Garden Location/ConditionsBorderSuits a mixed or herbaceous border
Leaf Colour (if not green)Gold variegated
Pruning groupPruning group 4Suitable for: Deciduous trees and shrubs that flower on current year's growth or are grown for winter stem effect.
Pruning: Hard prune to a low permanent framework.
When: Annually in early Spring.
RHS group 5, 6 & 7
Soil ConditionsMedium to light, fertile, well drained soil
Toxic - Category B - CAUTIONSkin & eye irritantHarmful if eaten (People & Pets)
WildlifeBee friendlyRabbit Resistant
- Growing & Caring for Euphorbia
- Evergreen pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading in June - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video