- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
EvergreenMid- to deep-green leaves 15-18cm (6-7in) long, red beneath, becoming copper-red in winter.
Shades of pinkAll shades of pink through to Carmine (red)Deep pink
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Clump-forming perennial. Produces bell-shaped flowers, 1.5-2.5cm (½-1in) long on red stems.
Very hardyHardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Full sunFor best winter colour.
Additional FeaturesPests & DiseasesSlugs, snails, caterpillars, vine weevil, leaf spot.Place of originGarden origin.
Flower ShapeBell/LanternBell-shaped to funnel-shaped 5-petalled flowers 1.5-2.5cm (½-1in) acrossPanicles
Garden Location/ConditionsWoodland garden
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilHumus-rich.
WildlifeBee friendlyRabbit Resistant
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video