emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
ECHINACEA 'Tiki Torch'
Commonly known as Coneflower
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Height - 60-75cm (24-30in)
Spread - 60cm (24in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - perennial. Produces fade resistant flowers 12cm (4½in) across
Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
Full sun - will tolerate some shade
Additional Features - Good to know - - wildlife plant - bees, butterflies
Pests & Diseases - none. Prolonged wet can cause root rot
Place of origin - garden origin. USA. Oregon. Terra Nova Nurseries
Flower Shape - Single - Row of petals round conspicuous stamens - no more than 8 petals
Hardiness - Fully hardy -
Soil Conditions - Well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil - - deep, humus-rich
Wildlife - Bee friendly -
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video