- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Semi-evergreenKeeps some of its foliage all year, and will drop some leaves as well.Thick, heart-shaped, toothed, mid-green leaves flushed and mottled red-brown when new
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialClump-forming rhizomatous perennial. Produces spider-like flowers with off-white spurs in long, arching sprays
Ground coverThese plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soil
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Hardy - very cold winterHardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
EPIMEDIUM 'Amber Queen'
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowClip back old leaves in late winter or early spring before flower spikes formPests & DiseasesVine weevil, mosaic virusPlace of originGarden origin. UK. Robin White, Hants.
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilHumus-rich. An Asiatic variety.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video