emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
GEUM 'Totally Tangerine'
Commonly known as Avens
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Height - to 1m (39in)
Spread - 60cm (24in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - clump-forming rhizomatous perennial. Pinnate, hairy leaves to 30cm (12in) long with kidney-shaped terminal leaflets. Produces cymes of up to 8 flowers 4cm (1½in) across
Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Additional Features - Good to know - - wildlife plant - insects. A chiloense and rivale hybrid. Dead heading will prolong flowering period
Pests & Diseases - sawfly larva may cause damage to leaves
Place of origin - garden origin. UK. Tim Crowther.
Flower Shape - Semi-double - Two rows of petals with conspicuous stamens
Hardiness - Fully hardy -
Seasonal Interest - Spring -
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - humus-rich.
Wildlife - Bee friendly -
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
to 1m (39in)