emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
AGAPANTHUS 'Windsor Grey'
Commonly known as African blue lily, Lily-of-the-Nile, Love flower
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Deciduous - large, strap-like leaves
White - flushed lilac
Height - 1m (3ft)
Spread - 45cm (18in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - clump-forming perennial. produces pale, greyish blue, trumpet-shaped flowers in roundish umbels
Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Full sun - mulch for winter in cold areas. Bring pots into shelter.
Additional Features - Good to know - - suitable for a container
Place of origin - garden origin. UK. 1995. A selection from the Crown Estate, Windsor
Flower Shape - Trumpet -
Garden Location/Conditions - Patio / pot plants -
Hardiness - Fully hardy -
Seasonal Interest - Summer -
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - loam-based compost (JI No. 3) for containers
Wildlife - Rabbit Resistant -
- Planting location
- Planting and treatment
- Splitting / dividing pot grown plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Splitting / dividing plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video