emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Sikkim cowslip
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Deciduous - oblong to lance-shaped, toothed, shining, pale green leaves to 30cm (12in) long
Height - 60-90cm (24-36in)
Spread - 60cm (24in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - rosette-forming perennial. produces umbels of numerous, pendent, funnel-shaped flowers 2.5cm (1in) across
Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
Full sun - will tolerate if soil remains damp
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - - aphids, red spider mites, leafhoppers, vine weevil, slugs, viruses, primula brown core, grey mould(Botrytis)
Place of origin - Himalayas (western Nepal to southwestern China)
Hardiness - Fully hardy -
Seasonal Interest - Spring -
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - humus-rich.
Neutral to acid soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video