Plants by mail order since 1984, over 4100 plants online today!
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Golden root, Roseroot
Hardy succulent. Yellow flowers sometimes tipped with red
Semi-evergreen - Keeps some of its foliage all year, and will drop some leaves as well. - broadly oval or narrowly, inversely lance-shaped, entire or toothed fleshy, grey-green leaves to 4cm (1½in) long with red tinted tips.
Height - 5-30cm (2-12in)
Spread - 20cm (8in)
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennial - rhizomatous perennial. Produces dense, terminal, corymbs of flowers 6mm (¼in) across, opening from slightly pink buds
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - aphids
Place of origin - throughout northern hemisphere
Hardiness - Fully hardy
Soil Conditions - Fertile well drained soil - moderately fertile
Herbaceous Plants - Video Collection
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
All-purpose Seaweed Stimulant
All-purpose organic concentrated seaweed feed that is a ready to use, derived from sustainable harvested kelp, that can be used on all outdoor and indoor plants, except acid loving plants. Perfect used in conjunction with Rootgrow™.
Slate Plant Labels
These wonderfully tactile natural slate plant labels are hand made in Cornwall and come with a chalk pen. Just stick them in your pot or border. Pack of 6.