emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
CAMELLIA 'Carolyn Williams'
- Camellia - Care Guide
- Camellia - Hybridisation
- Camellias - Background info Videos.
- Cold weather damage to evergreen plants
- Planting to avoid allergic reactions and asthma
- Shrubs and Trees - Seeds - 1) Collecting Seeds
- Shrubs and Trees - Seeds - 2) Storing Seeds
- Shrubs and Trees - Seeds - 3) Planting Seeds
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
x williamsii. Rose-pink single with deeper streaks which opens flat
Shades of pink - All shades of pink through to Carmine (red) - rose pink.
Height - 2-5m (6½-16ft)
Spread - 1-3m (3-10ft)
Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - aphids, scale insects, vine weevils, leaf spot.
Place of origin - garden origin. UK. Caerhays Estate, Cornwall
Camellia Types - x williamsii
Flower Shape - Single - Row of petals round conspicuous stamens - no more than 8 petals - opens flat.
Hardiness - Fully hardy
Seasonal Interest - Spring
Soil Conditions - Acid / ericaceous loving
Fertile moist well-drained soil
Tree Shape - Rounded to broadly columnar
Rounded to broadly spreading
- Camellia Care - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Soil Conditions
- Planting Tips
- Camellia Pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Pests and Diseases
- Sooty mould in spring - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Collecting Camellia Seeds - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Flowering Periods
- Self Seeding Camellia reticulata - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Further Reading
- Camellia oleifera - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Flowering sasanqua Camellias - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Allergic reactions and pollen
- Plants which produce masses of pollen - to avoid
- Plants producing little pollen - relatively safe!
- When is the right time to collect seeds?
- When are seeds actually ripe and ready for collection?
- Magnolia seed collection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Cornus capitata seed collection - Video Tip ondemand_video