emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
We are on reduced staff so the phone will not be answered as quickly as usual however full plant information & availability is shown online.
THE NURSERY & GARDENS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Last updated 26/3/20 10:28.
CAMELLIA 'Carolyn Williams'
- Camellia - Care Guide
- Camellia - Hybridisation
- Camellias - Background info Videos.
- Cold weather damage to evergreen plants
- Planting to avoid allergic reactions and asthma
- Shrubs and Trees - Seeds - 1) Collecting Seeds
- Shrubs and Trees - Seeds - 2) Storing Seeds
- Shrubs and Trees - Seeds - 3) Planting Seeds
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
x williamsii. Rose-pink single with deeper streaks which opens flat
Shades of pink - All shades of pink through to Carmine (red) - rose pink.
Height - 2-5m (6½-16ft)
Spread - 1-3m (3-10ft)
Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - aphids, scale insects, vine weevils, leaf spot.
Place of origin - garden origin. UK. Caerhays Estate, Cornwall
Camellia Types - x williamsii
Flower Shape - Single - Row of petals round conspicuous stamens - no more than 8 petals - opens flat.
Hardiness - Fully hardy
Seasonal Interest - Spring
Soil Conditions - Acid / ericaceous loving
Fertile moist well-drained soil
Tree Shape - Rounded to broadly columnar
Rounded to broadly spreading
- Camellia Care - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Soil Conditions
- Planting Tips
- Camellia Pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Pests and Diseases
- Sooty mould in spring - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Collecting Camellia Seeds - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Flowering Periods
- Self Seeding Camellia reticulata - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Further Reading
- Camellia oleifera - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Flowering sasanqua Camellias - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Allergic reactions and pollen
- Plants which produce masses of pollen - to avoid
- Plants producing little pollen - relatively safe!
- When is the right time to collect seeds?
- When are seeds actually ripe and ready for collection?
- Magnolia seed collection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Cornus capitata seed collection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Rhododendron seed collecting - Video Tip ondemand_video