- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Evergreen Sale 25% off
- Seasonal Sale 20% off
- Daphne 'Perfume Princess'
- Camellia 'Yuletide' Save £6.00
- Helleborus niger 'Christmas Rose'
- Camellia - Save £12.00
- Camellia - Save £5.00
- Free Border Design Service
- Ready Made Borders
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
CAMELLIA 'Paradise Blush'
- Camellia - A guide to sizing and pricing
- Camellia - Care Guide
- Camellia - Hybridisation
- Camellia sasanqua - Care Guide & Videos
- Camellias - Background info Videos.
- Cold weather damage to evergreen plants
- Planting to avoid allergic reactions and asthma
- Shrubs and Trees - Seeds - 1) Collecting Seeds
- Shrubs and Trees - Seeds - 2) Storing Seeds
- Shrubs and Trees - Seeds - 3) Planting Seeds
BicolorDeep pink buds opening to pure white with pink on reverse.
HedgeIdeal for hedging
Tall ShrubFast-growing, upright, neat shrub
Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winterHardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or good micro-climate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
Full sunWill tolerate full sun once established. Keep roots cool and moist.
CAMELLIA 'Paradise Blush'
OFFER This plant is in our Camellia - Save £12.00 offer >
OFFER This plant is in our Camellia - Save £5.00 offer >
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowMakes a good screen or hedgePests & DiseasesAphids, scale insects, vine weevils, leaf spot.Place of originGarden origin. Australia. Paradise Plants Nursery, NSW
Camellia TypesSasanquaCamellia sasanqua (Christmas Camellia) is a species of Camellia
Flower ShapeSemi-doubleTwo rows of petals with conspicuous stamens6-8cm (2½-3in) across. Like small waterlilies
HardinessFrost hardy (down to -5)
Pruning groupPruning group 5Suitable for: Evergreen shrubs that require minimal pruning.
Action: Trim or lightly cut back shoots that spoil symmetry. Deadhead regularly.
When: Annually after flowering.
RHS group 8
Scented PlantsScented flowers
Soil ConditionsAcid / ericaceous lovingFertile moist well-drained soilNeutral to acid soil
- Camellia Care - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Soil Conditions
- Planting Tips
- Camellia Pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Wind damaged pruning & staking - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Pests and Diseases
- Sooty mould in spring - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Collecting Camellia Seeds - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Propagation by semi-ripe cuttings - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Flowering Periods
- Self Seeding Camellia reticulata - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Further Reading
- Caring for Camellia sasanqua
- Autumn flowering sasanquas - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Camellia sasanqua Part 1 - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Camellia sasanqua hybrids - Part 2- Video Tip ondemand_video
- Camellia sasanqua Part 3 - Video Tip ondemand_video
- New sasanqua varieties - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Propagation information - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Camellia 'Cornish Snow Michael' - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Camellia oleifera - Video Tip ondemand_video
- C.'Satan's Robe' - Video Tip ondemand_video
- C. transnokoensis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- C. vernalis 'Dawn' - Video Tip ondemand_video
- x williamsii Camellias - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Camellias - Signature Plants
- Allergic reactions and pollen
- Plants which produce masses of pollen - to avoid
- Plants producing little pollen - relatively safe!
- When is the right time to collect seeds?
- When are seeds actually ripe and ready for collection?
- Magnolia seed collection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Cornus capitata seed collection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Lithocarpus Seed Collection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Camellia seed collection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Rhododendron seed collecting - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Storing seeds over winter
- Embothrium Collecting and Storing Seeds
- Decaisnea Seed Collection & Potting