- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
DeciduousSoftly hairy leaves. Basal leaves are ovate-heart-shaped, sharp-pointed 5-20cm (2-8in) long. Stem leaves are lance-shaped
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialRhizomatous perennial
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Hardy - very cold winterHardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
Partial shadeRequires a cool site
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesPests & DiseasesNonePlace of originCaucasus.
Flower ShapePaniclesPanicles 20cm (8in) long, or more, of flowers to 7mm (¼in) across
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilModerately fertile, humus-rich
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
BRUNNERA macrophylla 'Hadspen Cream'
BRUNNERA macrophylla 'Variegata'
Buy Varieties of BRUNNERA macrophylla
an excellent groundcover plant for cool positions with sprays of pure white flowers
yellow young and old leaves which contrast with the blue flowers
golden tones overlaying silver mottled variegation. Blue flowers.
green leaves margined creamy-yellow
dramatic silver leaves with narrow green edges and bright blue flowers
(syn 'Dawson's White') - large leaves are edged white