- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Giant lily
A spectacular giant well worth growing for the fun and experience of it if you have the patience.
Genus of 3 species of large, bulbous, monocarpic perennials found in scrub and forest in the Himalayas, Japan and China.
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialBulbous monocarpic perennials. Grown for the spectacular, lily-like, trumpet-shaped flowers
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Partial shadeCool and sheltered site. Intolerant of hot and dry conditions.
Additional FeaturesGood to knowDie after flowering, leaving numerous offsets which will flower in 4-5 years.Pests & DiseasesSlugs, lily viruses.Place of originHimalayas, China, Japan.
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilHumus-rich.
- Cardiocrinium giganteum - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Pests and diseases
- Growing from seed
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of CARDIOCRINUM
an unusual lily which will take 5-7 years to produce an enormous 6-10ft high flowering spike of scented white flowers with a deep throat. After flowering the plant will die but large quantities of offsets and seedlings will appear nearby to develop again