Plants by mail order since 1984, over 4100 plants online today!
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Last order date for guaranteed Christmas delivery is Thursday 19th December, and Click/Collect is Friday 20th December, with collection available until the 23rd.
AESCULUS x neglecta 'Erythroblastos'
Commonly known as Buckeye, Sunrise horse chestnut
Deciduous - 5-palmate leaves composed of obovate to ovate leaflets 15cm (6in) or more long.
Height - 10m (33ft)
Spread - 8m (26ft)
Tree - spreading, rounded tree. Flowers are followed by smooth-skinned fruit.
Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
Additional Features - Good to know - A. flava x A. sylvatica
Pests & Diseases - scale insects, canker, coral spot, leaf blotch.
Place of origin - southeastern USA.
Flower Shape - Panicles - conical panicles to 25cm (6in) tall
Garden Location/Conditions - Suitable for small gardens - Suitable for small gardens
Hardiness - Fully hardy
Leaf colour (if not green) - Gold variegated
Seasonal Interest - Spring
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil
Tree Shape - Broadly conical
Wildlife - Bee friendly
Aesculus - Growing Guide
Shrubs - Care Guide
- How to plant/move a shrub
- How to plant/move a shrub - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Fertisiling shrubs - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Mulching - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Pruning a shrub - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Taking semi-ripe cuttings -Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-sown seedlings - Video Tip ondemand_video
Trees - Care Guide
- How to plant a tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- How to plant a tree
- Checking ties - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Restaking fallen young tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Fallen old tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing side shoots - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Deer protection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Weed Spraying - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Tree Survey - Video Tip ondemand_video
Fertilisers & Feeds - Vitax
Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser
A useful fertiliser suitable for use on a wide variety of plants. Q4 provides all the nutrients and trace elements essential for vigorous growth, abundant flowering and ripening of fruit.
3 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi
Recommended by the RHS. Contains Rootgrow™ mycorrhizal fungi. Suitable for all trees and shrubs (except rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers, cranberries and blueberries)
2 options from £6.00
Vermin & Pest Control
Essential small tree protection from vermin and strimming. This pack includes 5 x 90cm canes and 5 x 90cm spiral guards. Includes instructions.
Slate Tie-on Plant Labels
Hand made in Cornwall, these delightful natural slate labels are perfect for pots. Comes with chalk pen. Pack of 5