- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Chocolate plant, Cosmea
The chocolatey one is the perennial atrosanguineus, syn Bidens atrosanguinea and will do well in containers.
Genus of about 25 species of erect to spreading, freely branching annuals and perennials found in scrub and meadows in southern USA and Central America.
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Annuals and perennials. Annuals grown for their large, showy flowerheads.
Additional FeaturesPests & DiseasesAphids, slugs, grey mould.Place of originSouthern United States, Central America.
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of COSMOS
chocolate scented crimson-black single flowers borne on stiff stems
this newly bred variety produces even more of a chocolate scent and has a more compact habit