- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Dog's-tooth violet, Trout lily
Attractive and colourful plants for a woodland edge, avoiding thirsty tree roots in summer. Will naturalise.
Genus of 29 species of clump-forming perennials with long-pointed, toothlike bulbs. They are found in habitats ranging from deciduous woodland to open mountain meadows in Europe, Asia and North America.
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Clump forming perennials. 1-10 pendent flowers on slender, upright stems. Shades of purple, violet, pink, yellow or white. Conspicuous stamens and 6 pointed, recurved petals.
Partial shadeOr light dappled.
Additional FeaturesGood to knowLong, pointed, tooth-like bulbs. E. dens-canis can be naturalized in thin grass.Pests & DiseasesSlugs.Place of originEurope, Asia, North America.
Soil ConditionsFertile well drained soilHumus-rich that does not dry out.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of ERYTHRONIUM
bulbous perennial with bronze-mottled green foliage and sulphur yellow flowers