- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Flannel bush, Fremontia
Genus of 2 species of evergreen or semi-evergreen shrubs or trees from dry woodland, canyons and mountain slopes in the USA and northern Mexico.
Or semi evergreen shrubs or trees
Shelter from cold drying winds
May cause skin allergy or irritant Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
Good to know - an introduction by Cornish plant hunter William Lobb (1809-1864) Grown for the large, very showy flowers.
Pests & Diseases
Phytophthora root rot may be a problem.
Place of origin
USA, northern Mexico.
Resistant to honey fungus - These plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Neutral to alkaline soil
Well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil
Buy Varieties of FREMONTODENDRON
Requires a sunny position, flowers golden yellow