- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Helen's flower, Sneeze weed
In the sunflower family.
Genus of about 32 species of annuals, biennials and perennials found in damp, swampy meadows and at woodland margins in North and Central America.
The sneezeweed connotation is from historical use of dried leaves for making snuff.
Herbaceous Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Annuals, biennials and perennials. Lance-shaped, mid-green leaves 15-20 (6-8in) long.
Harmful if eaten These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
May cause skin allergy or irritant Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
Good to know - daisy-like flowers bloom over a long period and are attractive to insects
Pests & Diseases
possibly leaf spot but rare
Place of origin
Central and North America.
Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of HELENIUM
Yellow-orange flowers with dark brown cone
Deep red flowers with a reddish-brown cone
Bright yellow flowers with greenish-yellow cone
Rich red-brown flowers growing to around 3 feet
Deep red flowers with a golden/mahogany centre. Strong stems and compact habit
Orange-yellow flowers with brown central cone
Bronze-yellow daisy flowers. Excellent for cutting