- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Hellebore
Coming in colours of white, cream, pink, purple or green, usually spotted with mainly pendent heads, another staple of the late winter garden.
Modern breeding has provided clear yellows and an outward-facing trait.
Genus of 15 species of perennials found in scrub, woodland and grassy and rocky sites, usually on chalk or limestone soils, from central, eastern and southern Europe to western Asia.
EvergreenGenerally toothed, leathery and light- to dark-green.
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Perennials. Flowers in shades of white, cream, pink, purple or green, sometimes attractively spotted.
Additional FeaturesGood to knowNamed cultivars do not come true from seed.Pests & DiseasesSnails, aphids, leaf spot, black rot.Place of originCentral, eastern and southern Europe to western Asia.
- Growing Helleborus
- Hellebore Care - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Favourite Hellebores - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of HELLEBORUS
red single flowers with evergreen marbled foliage
(corsicus) - evergreen foliage and lime-green flowers
large pale pink flowers and marbled leaves
dark green foliage with lighter markings. White flowers ageing to greyish-pink
striking lime-green flowers
large green flushed white flower and marbled leaves
greenish-white flowers and silver-marbled leaves
ranges from white to pink and purple flowers with crimson spots
blue or dark purple flowers
round, mainly upright red flowers
pure white, unspotted
upright yellow flowers with red spotting inside the petals
a brand new introduction. A very floriferous hybrid with charming light pink flowers and attractive dark green foliage with bold yellow veining. A wonderful combination
green-tinted cream flowers with a hint of pink. Long flowering period
creamy green flowers tinted pink, leaves with pinkish purple stalks and main veins