- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
EvergreenOverwintering, leathery, deep green basal leaves to 40cm (16in) long, each with 7-9 lance-shaped leaflets.
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Flowers appear on branched stems and are pendent or almost outward-facing, 5-7cm (2-3in) across.
Hardy - cold winterHardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Partial shadeOr dappled shade
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowIdeal position is under deciduous trees where flowers can bloom unshaded and plant is then sheltered from sun throughout the year. Attractive to insects.Pests & DiseasesSnails, aphids, leaf spot, black rot.Place of originGreece, Turkey, Caucasus.
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilHumus-rich.Neutral to alkaline soilWill tolerate heavy soil.
Toxic - Category CHarmful if eaten(People & Pets)
WildlifeBee friendlyRabbit Resistant
- Growing Helleborus
- Hellebore Care - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Favourite Hellebores - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of HELLEBORUS orientalis
blue or dark purple flowers
round, mainly upright red flowers
pure white, unspotted
upright yellow flowers with red spotting inside the petals