- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Lilyturf
Generally easily grown with no management as a slowly spreading groundcover or edging.
Genus of about 8 species of tufted, rhizomatous and tuberous, evergreen and semi-evergreen perennials found in usually acid woodland habitats in China, Vietnam, Taiwan and Japan.
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialRhizomatous perennials
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Evergreen and semi e arching, linear, grass-like leaves form dense clumps or mats. Small flowers, which open only slightly, are followed by black berries.
Full shade- shelter from cold winds
Additional FeaturesPlace of originChina, Japan, Vietnam, Taiwan.
Soil ConditionsAcid / ericaceous lovingFertile moist well-drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of LIRIOPE
grass-like plant with deep green foliage and spikes of violet coloured flowers
green-stalked racemes of white flowers