- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Knotweed, Polygonum
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Dark-green leaves 5-15cm (2-6in) long, turning red-bronze in autumn.
Shades of pink All shades of pink through to Carmine (red)
Ground cover These plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soil
Creeping perennial. Produces tight, upright spikes 5-8cm (2-3in) long of small flowers to 5mm (¼in) long. Flowers fade to pale pink.
Hardy - cold winter Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Pests & Diseases - none
Place of origin
Resistant to honey fungus - These plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Cup-shaped - 5mm (¼in) on spikes 5-8cm (2-3in) long
Rockery (inc alpine)
Fertile moist well-drained soil - any moist soil.
Buy Varieties of PERSICARIA affinis
Excellent ground cover with bright crimson flowers