- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
DeciduousLinear to narrowly lance-shaped leaves to 15cm (6in) long on stalks 1cm (½in) long
HeightTo 1.8m (6ft)
SpreadTo 1.5m (5ft)
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialErect, clump-forming rhizomatous perennial, many branched from the middle upwards. Produces spikes of cup- to funnel-shaped flowers to 15cm (6in) long
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Hardy - very cold winterHardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowAlso known as Polygonum alpinum acc. to RHS in the AtoZ (height and spread to 1m) and also Persicaria polymorpha by the RHS online (height and spread 2m x 1.5m)Pests & DiseasesNonePlace of originEurasiaResistant to honey fungusThese plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Soil ConditionsTolerates allAny moist soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
to 1.8m (6ft)
to 1.5m (5ft)