- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialRhizomatous perennials
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Additional FeaturesGood to knowOrnamental varieties are grown for their imposing basal leaves and tall flower panicles. Rhubarb with edible leaf stalks is Rheum x hybridum.Pests & DiseasesSlugs, crown rot.Place of originEastern Europe,central Asia to the Himalayas, China.
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilHumus-rich. Mulch with well-rotted organic matter in early spring.
Toxic - Category CHarmful if eaten(People & Pets)
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of RHEUM
bog or water loving rhubarb plant with large leaves and plumes of red flowers on tall stems