- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Pigroot, Rush lily, Satin flower
Grassy-leaved plants in the iris family. Several species in the eastern USA are threatened or endangered.
Genus of about 140 species of annuals and rhizomatous perennials, some semi-evergreen. They are native to North and South America although some are widely naturalised elsewhere. They thrive in habitats ranging from mountainous areas to meadows and coastal sands.
To semi evergreen
Herbaceous Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Annuals and rhizomatous perennials
Good to know - sword-shaped leaves in fans with flower colours of blue, yellow, mauve and white.
Pests & Diseases
root rot outside - aphids and red spider mite in greenhouse
Place of origin
North and South America. Widely naturalised elsewhere.
Fertile well drained soil - resents winter wet.
Neutral to alkaline soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of SISYRINCHIUM
Evergreen perennial with lance-shaped iris-like leaves and stems of pale yellow flowers
Bold, creamy-yellow striped leaves and pale yellow flowers