- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Genus of about 250 species of annuals, perennials and subshrubs, some of them tuberous or rhizomatous. They occur in usually open and sunny habitats such as prairies, wasteland and roadsides and in open woodland (some species prefer moist sites, others dry).
Almost all are from tropical and temperate regions of North, Central and South America with a few from southern Europe.
The UK representative is the herb vervain, V. officinalis, a perennial of roadsides and waste places especially on chalky soils.
It had many uses in medicine and was used as a charm against witches and devils.
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Annuals, perennials and subshrubs
Full sunProtect with winter mulch in frosty areas
Additional FeaturesPests & DiseasesAphids, leaf hoppers, thrips, slugsPlace of originTropical and temperate regions North, Central, South America,southern Europe
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
AGASTACHE mexicana 'Red Fortune'
NEPETA 'Six Hills Giant'
SALVIA 'Royal Bumble'
Buy Varieties of VERBENA
violet-purple. Tall growing
upright, fine, wiry branches. Deep purple foliage and small, purplish-pink flowers