emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Elephant's ears, Megasea
Genus of 13 species of clump-forming, evergreen perennials in the Saxifrage family from meadows, rocky moorland and moist woodland in central and eastern Asia.
They are tough plants, tolerant of extremes of temperature.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - clump-forming perennials.
Additional Features - Good to know - - named for Karl August von Bergen, 18th century botanist. Most dislike extremes of heat and drought but will tolerate exposure and poorer soils which can enhance their winter leaf colour.
Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails, caterpillars, vine weevil, leaf spot.
Place of origin - central and eastern Asia.
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - humus-rich.
Wildlife - Rabbit Resistant -
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video