News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CEANOTHUS 'Zanzibar'
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CEANOTHUS 'Zanzibar' also bought these...
California lilac, Redroot
Unusual cream and gold variegation in the leaves which may not be to everyone's taste
- Pests & Diseases - honey fungus.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. Selection from Pershore Hort. College. UK.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height and Spread - 1.2m (4ft)
- Evergreen - green splash in the centre of the leaf fades as leaf becomes yellow as season progresses.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - fast-growing, arching shrub. Sparsely flowering.
- Full Sun - with shelter from cold winds. Most do well trained against a wall.
- fertile well drained soil
- No Preference - can be lime tolerant but leaves may become chlorotic on shallow chalk soils.