- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers October 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
California lilac, Redroot
Unusual cream and gold variegation in the leaves which may not be to everyone's taste
Buy CEANOTHUS 'Zanzibar'
- Pests & Diseases - honey fungus.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. Selection from Pershore Hort. College. UK.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height and Spread - 1.2m (4ft)
- Evergreen - green splash in the centre of the leaf fades as leaf becomes yellow as season progresses.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - fast-growing, arching shrub. Sparsely flowering.
- Full Sun - with shelter from cold winds. Most do well trained against a wall.
- fertile well drained soil
- can be lime tolerant but leaves may become chlorotic on shallow chalk soils.
All-purpose liquid stimulant
(1 ltr - inc c&p) £7.50
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
(360gram sachet - inc c&p) £12.00
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
(150gram sachet - inc c&p) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
(0.9 kg - c&p inc) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
(2.5 kg - c&p inc) £10.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
(4.5 kg - c&p inc) £16.00
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CEANOTHUS 'Zanzibar' also bought these...