- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Iron tree, Pohutakawa, Rata
Shelter from strong, drying winds
Good to know - grown for the small, trumpet-shaped flowers with conspicuous tufts of stamens.
Pests & Diseases
scale insects may be a problem under glass.
Place of origin
South Africa, Malaysia, Australasia, Pacific Islands.
Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
Neutral to acid soil
Buy Varieties of METROSIDEROS
Conical growth habit with dark green leaves and crimson flowers
Bright orange-red flowers and large green leaves
Dwarf habit, rounded leaves and clusters of orange red flowers
The hardiest of all the metrosideros which grew at caerhays for many years. Coppery-scarlet flowers. Much more tender when young as those who have pinched seedlings from tresco discover to their cost
One of the hardiest species which will thrive outside in cornwall. Coppery young leaves and bright crimson flowers
Leaves margined white