- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Plant Finder
- Rare Plant List
- April 2019
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- New plants in 2019
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Terms and Conditions
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Japanese umbrella pine
Genus of one species of monoecious, evergreen, coniferous tree from forest in Japan.
Unique representative of a line stretching back 230 million years.
A contender for the origin of Baltic amber.
Full sun - shade from hot midday sun
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - none
Place of origin - Japan
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil
Neutral to acid soil
- How to plant a tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- How to plant a tree
- Checking ties - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Restaking fallen young tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Fallen old tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing side shoots - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Deer protection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Weed Spraying - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Tree Survey - Video Tip ondemand_video