emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Incense cedar
Reminiscent of old chalky-aired classrooms, the perfume of pencils. Coffins in China and the favoured hearth-board for friction firelighting by Native Americans.
The narrow columnar form is a consequence of growing conditions outside the native range.
Genus of 4 species of evergreen conifers from dry, warm temperate forest in southern China, Taiwan, Vietnam and western North America.
Evergreen - decurrent (pointing downwards from branch) leaves arranged in 2 pairs.
Additional Features - Good to know - grown as specimen trees.
Pests & Diseases - none.
Place of origin - southern China, Taiwan, Vietnam, western North America.
Resistant to honey fungus - These plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Soil Conditions - Tolerates all - any well-drained soil.
- How to plant a tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- How to plant a tree
- Checking ties - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Restaking fallen young tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Fallen old tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing side shoots - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Deer protection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Weed Spraying - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Tree Survey - Video Tip ondemand_video