- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Chinese gooseberry, Kiwi fruit
Genus of about 55 species of mainly deciduous, twining climbers from lightly forested areas of eastern Asia.
Generally grown for Chinese gooseberries (kiwi fruits ) from A. deliciosa and as a variegated climber, A. kolomikta.
Climber Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging
Against a wall
Shelter from cold drying winds
Good to know - twining climbers grown for their sometimes scented flowers, ornamental foliage and fruits.
Pests & Diseases
Place of origin
Resistant to honey fungus - These plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Fertile well drained soil
Buy Varieties of ACTINIDIA
Clusters of extremely fragrant white flowers and yellow-green fruit. Self fertile
Female. If planted together with tomuri these varieties will produce edible fruits within 3-5 years outdoors in the uk
In maturity leaves splashed pink & white
(now renamed a.tetramera var. Maloides)a rare species with more subtle colouring than kolomikta. White tips to the leaves with a hint of pink on some. Flowers are large pink bells.