- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Gum tree, Ironbark
Very attractive, fast-growing trees best used as specimens.
Genus of over 680 species of evergreen trees and shrubs found mainly in Australia but also in the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Melanesia.
Leaves on young trees and sucker shoots are usually opposite, developing to alternate ones as the tree matures. Rapid regrowth after pruning produces attractive young stems for the foliage market.
Source of the well-known antiseptic oil and high-grade honey from the petalless flowers.
They release compounds that inhibit other plants from growing nearby (allelopathic effect).
The Blue Mountains of Australia take their name from the haze of vapourised volatile componds given off on warm days.
EvergreenTrees and shrubs.
TreeFlowers are petalless, composed of many stamens.
Full sunShelter from cold drying winds
Additional FeaturesGood to knowValued for their aromatic leaves and attractive bark.Pests & DiseasesSilver leaf, oedema.Place of originAustralia mostly, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea
Soil ConditionsFertile well drained soilNeutral to acid soil
- How to plant a tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- How to plant a tree
- Ties - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Restaking fallen young trees - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Fallen old tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Clearing up fallen beech tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing side shoots - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Pruning and Shaping Magnolia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Deer protection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Weed Spraying - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing Ivy - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing wire protection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Tree Survey - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Crown uplift - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing shoots below graft - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing peeling bark - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Maintaining variegation - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of EUCALYPTUS
attractive juvenile foliage. Extremely cold hardy
blue gum, excellent for cutting
small silver-blue leaves and comparatively compact growth
silvery-blue leaves becoming bluer with age
narrow lance-shaped peppermint scented leaves. White flowers in autumn
peeling bark, dainty grey foliage
sickle-shaped leaves with peeling bark, very hardy and salt tolerant
round-leaved snow gum. White flowers and long, lance-shaped, bluish adult leaves