emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Bugbane, Cohosh, Snakeroot
ACTAEA syn. Cimicifuga.
Genus of 27 species of woodland perennials with short rhizomes from temperate regions of the northern hemisphere.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - erect,clump forming, rhizomatous perennials. Bottlebrush-like spikes of flowers followed by greenish-white, then brown, dry seedpods.
Additional Features - Good to know - re-classified as ' Actaea' in 2000. Good for moist border or woodland.
Pests & Diseases - none.
Place of origin - northern temperate regions.
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus- rich.
Wildlife - Butterfly friendly
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video