- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
CRINUM x powellii
Commonly known as Cape lily, Indian elephant flower
CRINUM x powellii
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Arching, mid-green leaves to 1.5m (5ft).
Shades of pink All shades of pink through to Carmine (red)
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennial
Bulbous perennial. Umbels of up to 10 widely-flared flowers to 10cm (4in) long.
Hardy - average winter Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
Caution, toxic if eaten, may cause skin allergy or irritant These plants are toxic if eaten and may also cause a skin allergy, rash, irritation to eyes and skin.
Good to know - in the amaryllis family. This one can be grown outdoors. Plant in spring with neck of bulb just above soil level.
Pests & Diseases
Place of origin
Frost hardy (down to -5)
Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.